LeAnne Martin
AuthorSpeaker
Christians in the Arts

Monday, February 09, 2009

Glen Jackson, Part 2: Arts Enthusiast

Arts enthusiast Glen Jackson co-founded Jackson Spalding in Atlanta where he provides leadership for the firm and many of its clients, as well as in the community.

LeAnne: You are a big arts supporter. What is your favorite type of art to support and why?

Glen:
Well, this is not an easy question to answer. There are so many art forms I respect, admire and appreciate. I just wish I could support them all! Claire (my wife) and I have tried to help Theatrical Outfit here in Atlanta when we can. It is such a marvelous venue for theater in Atlanta; the vision cast by Tom Key is inspiring. Tom has a real gift, and what I love about Tom is he shares his gift so naturally, graciously and professionally.

One area of deep interest for me is poetry. In today's text-message world where the word "you" is now spelled "u", it is important that we not lose sight of how the English language was meant to be written. Poems from Tennyson to Langston Hughes to Sandburg to Frost catch my eye and force me to look at the world with a fresh perspective. I was reading a Sandburg poem over the weekend about fog. It is a simple poem, and the words surfaced in my mind this morning as I was looking out my office window at the thick clouds hovering over Peachtree Street:

"The fog comes on little cat feet.
It sits overlooking harbor and city.
On silent haunches
And then moves on."

No comments:

(placeholder)
waterlily

Home | About | Articles | Speaking | Links | Contact | FAQ
Blogs: Christians in the Arts | Beauty and the Beholder

Copyright 2007 LeAnne Martin. Site designed by ChurchGraphics.org