LeAnne Martin
AuthorSpeaker
Christians in the Arts

Monday, February 16, 2009

Gene Crosby: Arts Enthusiast

Lately, I've been featuring arts enthusiasts and today's post is the last in this series. Arts enthusiast Gene Crosby is Chief Operating Officer of Jackson Spalding, where he is responsible for monitoring and directing all aspects of Jackson Spalding’s operations including general office management, financial operations and human resources.

LeAnne: Tell me why you support the arts.

Gene
: When I was growing up, my parents were always supporters of the arts. I now carry on that tradition for my own reasons. I find great joy in watching and even participating in some forms of the arts. It can be a great escape from what can be a crazy world to live in. I also find the arts to be a great educational tool for all. What better way to learn something and have fun at the same time? I think everyone should have that opportunity.

My favorite type of art to support is live theater. I love the theater because it brings me great pleasure to sit down and be taken away to another time and place, even if just for a little while. To watch an actor work his magic, making you feel like you are a part of what is going on up on stage. To laugh, to cry, to learn, to feel uplifted, and to feel convicted in such a short period of time. That's why I love and support live theater.

No comments:

(placeholder)
waterlily

Home | About | Articles | Speaking | Links | Contact | FAQ
Blogs: Christians in the Arts | Beauty and the Beholder

Copyright 2007 LeAnne Martin. Site designed by ChurchGraphics.org