I always enjoy a time of reflecting at the end of the year and this morning I'm thinking back to some of my favorite moments in the arts:
* hanging and admiring a new painting by good friend Beverly Key (who I featured last year) that fits perfectly in our den and looks as though it's always been there. The painting is an abstract but we see at least three deer hiding amongst trees, brush, and an azalea bush--much like they do in our back yard.
* sitting beside my husband and my parents at Les Miserables and experiencing that incredible music again
* watching many stirring moments in Big River, performed by Theatrical Outfit at the Balzer Theater in Herren's, but especially when Jim is "reading" Huck's palm and sees "considerable joy, considerable sorrow" ahead for them
* watching my daughter's face and hearing her laugh during "It's a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play", also at the Balzer, and seeing her go from actor to actor for autographs afterward
* reading Little Women with her this summer
There are many more but I'm going to stop for now. What were some of your favorite moments with the arts this year? I'd love to hear about them.