LeAnne Martin
AuthorSpeaker
Christians in the Arts

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Coming Soon & Quotes to Inspire

Soon I’ll be marking the blog’s one-year anniversary, and in honor of that occasion, I’ll be changing the look of the blog a little as well as launching my own website. I’m excited about what's coming soon.

Also, in the next few weeks, I’ll be featuring a sculptor, a photographer, a composer, an actor/singer/writer, an arts enthusiast, and more. If you know of someone you’d like to see featured on the blog, leave a comment and I’ll get back with you.

Now, for the writers and quote-lovers among us, here are a few thoughts for your day:

“A writer needs three things, experience, observation, and imagination, any two of which, at times any one of which, can supply the lack of the others.” William Faulkner, Writers at Work—First Series (1958)

“Don’t tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

“A work that aspires, however humbly, to the condition of art should carry its justification in every line.” Joseph Conrad

“A writer is somebody for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people.” Thomas Mann

“I have always liked to let things simmer in my mind for a long time before setting them down on paper.” William Somerset Maugham

“The pen is the tongue of the mind.” Miguel de Cervantes

No comments:

(placeholder)
waterlily

Home | About | Articles | Speaking | Links | Contact | FAQ
Blogs: Christians in the Arts | Beauty and the Beholder

Copyright 2007 LeAnne Martin. Site designed by ChurchGraphics.org