LeAnne Martin
AuthorSpeaker
Christians in the Arts

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Brad Williams, Part 2: Opening a Door

Today I'm continuing my interview with percussionist Brad Williams.


LM: Have you faced obstacles in the world because of your faith?

BW:
I know that all of my musical gifts and talents have been given by God and I feel that desire and responsibility to honor Him with them. It is difficult to be a Christian and a musician in the ‘secular world’ at times. It certainly requires a strong and uncompromising faith to be both!

LM: Have you faced criticism from the church for using your gifts outside the church?

BW:
Unfortunately, there have been times when I have faced criticism from church musicians. They have said that I shouldn’t be playing music in the separate world. I personally couldn’t disagree more. I have had moments in my life where I have been approached by individuals expressing their love for my music. To me, this opens a door to share my beliefs and to witness for Christ. I feel that the work to bring people to Christ needs to happen more outside of the church. You never know when you are going to change someone’s life and lead them to Him.

No comments:

(placeholder)
waterlily

Home | About | Articles | Speaking | Links | Contact | FAQ
Blogs: Christians in the Arts | Beauty and the Beholder

Copyright 2007 LeAnne Martin. Site designed by ChurchGraphics.org